Tuesday, September 13, 2011

S-U-C-C-E-S-S

I had a wonderful Monday, I am so determined to make this week more organized than last and I had a great start to the week.
First order of business was going to the District Court in Phoenix (It's the big federal court, and a gorgeous building.) As students, sometimes we get caught up in the day to day drill of reading, briefing, and outlining and it becomes difficult to see the big picture of actually practicing law. Observing yesterday was a great reminded me how lucky I am because I really love what I am doing and feel like I am exactly where I am supposed to be.
Photobucket

Then... Weigh In!! Down another 1.6 pounds!!! Total= 41.8! 12.8 pounds to go before December. I have said it before and I will say it again- short term goals are super important, they let you see the progress that you are making.

The rest of my day was pretty boring, I went to school to study, came home and watched my poor Dolphins get blown out of the water by the Patriots (but everyone needs an underdog team)

Also, I am a recovering vegetarian. My trainer (and mother) think I need more protein in my diet and I am inclined to agree, I can't expect my body to perform like I do with running and strength training if I am reluctant to give it the fuel I need. With that in mind, for dinner I had a turkey taco and restaurant style black beans.
I served it up restaurant style with cabbage on the side. The taco is comprised of seasoned, 99% lean ground turkey, a sprinkle of low fat cheddar, cabbage, and salsa. The black beans were cooked with onion, green chiles, corriander, and lime. It was an awesome dinner, full of protein and super filling.
Photobucket

Today was also an active rest day so I did 30 min elliptical :)

Let's see a little less of each other next time,
Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment