Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I Heart Two a Days?

Today was rather typical in my world. Wake up, gym, school, gym, study, now blog & bedtime.

Wait...Did I write gym there twice?! Sure did. I promised myself I would do it yesterday and I don't break promises.

Breakfast post workout 1
Photobucket

This would be the making of pumpkin oatmeal. It's amazing- totally good fuel for a long day because oatmeal is super filling and the pumpkin is like pure vitamin A and iron, plus the combo of pumpkin with cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice is perfect for this time of year (I don't use cloves, I hate them as a spice. If I wanted to smell a clove cigarette I would smoke one.) Here's a tip though- never exceed a 1 to 1 ratio of pumpkin to oatmeal because there really can be too much of a good thing.

My keurig (named Freddy Kruger) was a great investment- my starby's trips are down to like 1-2 a week. I have my own little coffee station in the kitchen, basket of K-cups, Krugar, and the black container has packets of splenda, I like my coffee w/ cream and some sweetness so its fat free half and half and 2 packets of splenda or the sugar free vanilla syrup I have in the pantry.
Photobucket
I love this guy

Lunch was on the go, I had a super disorganized night last night and morning so I didn't have time to make my lunch. But, eating on the go is no excuse to eat poorly. Nutrition info is always available online. My bf and I went to the Subway by campus for lunch, I had a 6" veggie delight with pepperjack cheese, apple slices, and diet coke. (Judge me all you want for my choice of beverage, but it does its job when I'm in class.)
Photobucket

My afternoon snack was a banana- they are the perfect pre- workout snack because the potassium helps your muscles work properly and stops the buildup of lactic acid. Plus they're filling and portable.

Dinner was my own take on last nights Kashi meal, which sucked. I ate three bites and decided I would rather drink my dinner. In the mix we have sauteed mushrooms, 2/3 c. peas, 1c. whole wheat rotini and the sauce which was made with 4 tablespoons of parm and veggie stock (makes an awesome fake out cream sauce) and a peach
Photobucket
It was awesome- way better than Kashi's and I have a "thing" about pre made food (I want to see the ingredients and see my food being made)

Tally
Breakfast
oatmeal
coffee
total: 6 points

Lunch
6" sammie
Apple slices
total: 6 points

Snack
banana
total: 0 points

Dinner
Pasta dish
peach
total: 9 points

Dessert:
Strawberries
total: 0 points

W.O.D.
AM workout
1.5 mi run

PM workout
1.6 mi run
Yoga class
- due to time constraints I couldn't due my run consecutively, but I definitely kicked up the intensity. Normally I maintain 4.1-4.3 mph, today I would say I averaged about 4.4-4.6 mph.

I really do love 2 a days, and I am so tired I know I'm going to sleep like a rock tonight.

Let's see a little less of each other next time
Jules

1 comment: