Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A case of the wednesdays

Do you ever wake up and think "this is a terrible day already"? I rarely do, mostly because I am a morning person and every new day brings new possibilities. But this morning was different. When I zonked out last night with my earplugs in and sleep mask on, I set my alarm for 5 am. When I woke up this morning I was wondering why it was bright outside and I didn't hear my alarm. Well, mystery solved, because it was 8am. I hate not being able to workout before school, I wore my hair in a bun, I was 5 minutes late to my first class. One of those days.

What I ate-
Breakfast-
pumpkin oatmeal
coffee
total- 6 points

Lunch-
Salad w/ 2oz. steak and 1/4 c. blue cheese
banana
total- 4 points

Pre workout snack-
carrots and grapes
0 points

Pre dinner snack-
greek yogurt
total- 3 points
Photobucket
* I've been reluctant to buy greek yogurt after trying and hating the Trader Joes brand, but I decided to give this one a try and it is super good. And it has double the protein of a normal yogurt. Yum

Dinner
tangerine and fish cooked in parchment paper
start by layering 4 oz. thinly sliced purple peruvian potatoes
then add thinly sliced onion
Photobucket

add the fish filet- season with salt and pepper and evoo
Photobucket
wrap up and bake
Confession- this was the first time I've ever cooked fish and it was super easy. A big step on the road to recovery for this former vegetarian :)
total-
6 points

Workout of the day:
The best way to let go of a bad day is to work it off at the gym
4.1 mile run
** this was my goal for the week! The body, much like individuals is capable of incredible things if given the opportunity
And a yoga class :)

After dinner snack-
2 pretzel rods
1 tbsp peanut butter
total- 5 points

No comments:

Post a Comment