Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It didn't have to end this way.
My car officially died today. At least I believe that's the layman's way of saying there is a blown head gasket and it is more economical to cut my losses and move on then to go for a whole engine rebuild.

The sad thing is, there have been so many times where I wished the damage would be so severe that I would be able to get a new car.I never thought I would feel so sad about it, and yet what she lacks in resale value she makes up for in sentimental value.

She has a bad gasket, but she also has
*the collar from my first pet on her rear view mirror. I promised him that wherever I went, he went. I've always credited my good luck with close yellow lights to him looking out for me.

*The pink cowgirl boot necklace also dangling from my rear view mirror. Purchased in Oakdale with 2 of my best friends, one who lives way to far away in Hawaii and the other who got pregnant and then married and then literally dropped off the face of the earth. Memories with those two warm my heart.

*Glitter puff paint stains on the leather of my driver seat and a little on the steering wheel that takes me back to my sorority days and the random shenanigans we often found ourselves in.

* My very last parking pass from Fresno State (Spring 10)
This is probably the most sentimental of all. The 4 years I spent at Fresno State were so much fun and I learned so much. I am grateful to have gotten the most wonderful education at the school that is the pride of the central valley. I am a bulldog forever.

We've been through a lot together. She's seen me through high school graduation, college graduation, and my heart is rather heavy knowing she won't be there for my law school graduation.

So, thanks for all the memories.
And all the car repair bills along the way ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment