Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The In Between

So I've been absent from the blogosphere for a while. Mostly because I haven't felt like I had a whole lot to offer. Life has been in between lately. I'm in between loving and hating school, loving and hating exercise, being both terrified and excited for the future.

I suppose if I were to be entirely honest here, I would say that I had been lacking in the motivation that is usually so much my personality. I didn't want to read for school, I didn't want to get up at 5 to work out and let's not even talk about the fact that my duvet cover had been sitting on my floor for weeks because I didn't want to referee the battle between it and my comforter.

I think this apathy rubbed off on my weight loss efforts. I have hit a plateau where I keep gaining and losing the same 3 pounds. It has been really frustrating, but at the same time I know what has not been working for me and I keep making the same mistake.

However, I am now finally feeling like myself again. Okay, so maybe the duvet is still on the floor, but that's only because I've been busy studying and working out and just enjoying life. Which is a positive thing. And even though I hit a plateau, I still feel like I have a lot to put in the WIN category
- I still have been weighing in and attending meetings faithfully
- I still track everything
- I still work out everyday
- I still think I did really well on  some of my midterms
- I have still come a LONG way.
I was flipping through pictures on my Facebook yesterday and found this


This picture was taken last January exploring/ hiking a trail with my bestie. A lot has changed in a year!







55 lbs lighter, size medium. Still wearing awesome oversized tortoise shell sunnies. I'm still, 25-30 pounds from goal, but I can and will get there.
Sometimes what you need to propel you forward is looking back at where you've been.
I have rededicated myself to program and school and I think I'm gonna switch up my diet a little by going heavier on protein and veggies. As a recovering vegetarian, I sometimes eat meat out but I never really think to cook it and I think it will help me have more energy and stay fuller longer. Overall, I think it's a better use of my points than empty carbs.
This is not an attack on carbs. I still plan on eating my whole wheat 45 cal bread, oatmeal, and fruit, but other things like cookies and baked goods etc. should be scaled back.
This is kind of a South Beach phase 2 approach, which I think will jump start the scale to moving back in my favor.
PS- the fitnessista did an awesome post on South Beach this week. Her blog is an awesome resource, she's so down to earth and relatable and all about making your diet/ exercise plan work for you. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment