Friday, December 30, 2011

Thanksgiving!

I flew home to spend the holiday with my family. It is my mom's absolute favorite holiday. I flew in on Sunday and Evan flew in on the actual holiday. It was a whirlwind of time at the DMV, baking, and working on a motion for summary judgment.
Since I had lost so much weight and changed my hair, my sister didn't even recognize me when I got to baggage claim!
Then we drove home to meet the newest member of the family- Itsy Bitsy
Photobucket



And then the baking marathon started.
I made a homemade apple pie (pumpkin is my moms)
Photobucket
And since my teddy bear was flying in super early Thanksgiving morning, I made him cinnamon rolls. I use this recipe, it is foolproof despite yeast dough's reputation for being temperamental.
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=242784
Photobucket

And my absolute favorite- Martha Stewart's pumpkin cookies with brown butter icing.
So so yummy!!
http://www.marthastewart.com/318741/pumpkin-cookies-with-brown-butter-icing

Then the festivities began!
My sister and I
Photobucket
I totally had a giant piece of cucumber in my mouth when this picture was taken

The tripod-
My sister in law, my sister, and me.
Photobucket

Me and my love
Photobucket

And since my sister went to her in-law's for the night after our family celebration, Evan and I stayed at her house to pugsit for the night. Frankin Delano was very well behaved and I was feeling like I needed some exercise so we put his jacket on him and took him for a walk to the park and I even took him down the slide!
Photobucket

It was a wonderful holiday and was a huge test of my self control as I am a creature of habit and being without my routine, my gym, and being around all of the food was a challenge. However, I stayed focus, tried to exercise as much as I could and ate reasonably. It was a wonderful holiday with those I love most.

1 comment:

  1. HOLY PUG!!! adorable. CONGRATS on loosing the weight girl. Such a motivation. xoxoxo
    xx-
    Sabrina
    www.samplesize16.com

    ReplyDelete